Sunday, December 21, 2014

End of Year Thoughts, Part 1

My Calendar for 2014 :)
A few weeks ago, when I changed my calendar to December, I started thinking about how 2014 has been the most insane year of my life. However, it was a good insane; but the beginning of my year started off not-so-good. In February, my first boyfriend and I broke up. When you make plans and they don't happen, it can leave you confused wondering what direction to take next.

God has proved faithful. Time and time again throughout my life, I have found that when I hit a roadblock, He helps me find a way out. After the breakup, I prayed for Him to show me where I was to go and what I was to do with my life now. I ended up starting a new job working at a daycare with precious babies in April.

Last year, and earlier this year, I thought for certain I was going to be working in the beauty industry. Working at the daycare opened my eyes to something much greater and to me, more fulfilling. I never went into work wanting to be elsewhere, and I never left work feeling like I could be doing something better. I loved it.

Over the summer, when my sister came home from school, we had multiple conversations about me going back to school and careers. Finally, she suggested to me that I go to Freed-Hardeman with her. The more I began to think about it, the better it sounded. It was one of the best decisions I ever made.

I ended up signing up about a month before school was to start. Even within just my first semester, I don’t feel like the same person anymore. A few short months has changed me. I feel more confident, and I feel so much encouragement from my classmates and people I sing with in Chorale.

I have learned so much this year about being a Christian, love, being myself, and more of what it means to be an adult. In my next few blog articles, I will discuss more of what I learned this year about these things. As always, it is my prayer that my thoughts will be encouraging to my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment