Tuesday, December 23, 2014

End of Year Thoughts, Part 2: Spiritual Life

This year was a year of growth for me in many ways, including spiritually. These were lessons I already knew. Sometimes though, it takes experience to understand and know it. There was a lot that happened the past few years that put some things in perspective for me.

1. God is the only one who will never, ever, let you down.  When we put our complete faith in people, we will almost always get let down. (Hebrews 13:5) People are imperfect, where God is complete good. For a while, I ended up putting certain people above God-which was the worst thing I could have done. It often occurs when you don’t realize it is happening.  Always make sure that He is the top priority in your life.

2. He will work everything out. We spend so much time worrying everything. The truth is, if you belong to God, you will always be taken care of. (Matthew 6:25-34) Our plans may not work out the way we want them to, but God will use our bad circumstances for good! (Romans 8:28) While the break up I went through broke my heart at first, I would not change a thing. It led to me getting a good job with sweet kids, and then starting at Freed-Hardeman University in August. I have met so many amazing new friends and have gained some wonderful experiences already. I know that it is only the beginning of God’s purpose for my life.

3. His will always prevails. We can always say that we are going to do this or we’re going to do that. Yet in the end, if it is supposed work out, it will. If not, it won’t. (James 4:14-15) You can pray for something to happen, but God knows what is best for you. (Jeremiah 29:11)

4. Lean on your brothers and sisters in Christ. I will admit that opening up about my struggles is a difficult thing for me. It is something I have to work on. If I can open up to you about those things, it usually means I trust you. It can be difficult to ask for prayers and help from my brothers and sisters. I have found when I step up and ask for prayers, it makes it easier to be stronger. Sometimes, we must seek out help from others. We can’t do this alone; no matter what society says. (James 5:16)

(Next Article: Part 3, Love)

No comments:

Post a Comment