Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Stand With God

My life is what it is because of God. He has been there for me, helped me grow, healed me, and has shown me what kind of life I am supposed to be living. Even more so, He sent His son to die for me.

This, more so than all the other reasons are the reasons I love and follow Him. 

This nation has been through a lot of pushing and shoving the past few years in terms of morality. People were uncertain of how to handle some really big issues popping up; namely homosexuality and abortion. And, now, it seems the homosexuality issue is coming to a head-especially with convincing the government to make marriage equal among all orientations in all states.

I've studied my bible, and I know what it says about homosexuality. I hear many saying that God surely accepts it. Yet, when I read my bible, I can't figure out where on earth it possibly says it.

Because it doesn't accept it (1st Corinthians 6:9, Romans 1:26-27, 1st Timothy 1:8-11).

I see so many religious people right now saying that God does accept it. It's almost as if they're ignoring everything He says about it. Honestly, I wonder how they can claim to be Christians if they don't believe what the bible says. How can we trust the bible if we disregard only that one issue (and maybe some others) and say we believe in God when the bible comes from God himself? God told all these men what to write when they wrote the bible (2nd Timothy 3:16, 2nd Peter 1:21). If you pick and choose only a few things from it to believe, why even believe it at all?

I do not hate the homosexual people. I've actually met a lot of them who are really nice and genuinely good people. However, when it comes to picking between mankind and the God I serve, I will ALWAYS stand with God.
Because of everything He has done for me, I will stand by Him and His word. Whatever the Government decides, that is what they decide. Whatever people choose to do, that is what they choose to do. I will be kind to others no matter their choices and decisions, but make no mistake about where I stand-It's with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment