Friday, March 29, 2013

Lessons to be Learned from Cartoons

Pinkie Pie: I do not own, (belongs to Hasbro) I just think she's adorable. :)

When I mention what some of my favorite shows are, I'm not going to lie, I get some very strange looks sometimes. Cartoons are among some of my favorite things to watch. I do watch other things, of course, but there's something about them that I love.

I love to laugh and smile. There's something about cartoons that is just so quirky and silly, and you can't always see those things on regular “adult” programming. I mean, come on ...who doesn't like watching people get blown up only to get singed and live to tell the tale? There is something seriously amusing about that.

Also, a lot of people think they cause your mind to rot...I couldn't disagree more. I can't tell you the number of philosophical discussions that have started with either my friends or sisters because of cartoons. My sister Sarah and I will notice something that happens, and start discussing it.

Also, think about it...how many adults need to go back and relearn lessons they were SUPPOSED to learn in elementary school?

The truth is, some  Adults may need to re-learn certain things found in cartoons (and guess what, they're even in the bible!)

-Forgive, apologize, move on with your life and/or be friends again. (Matthew 6:13)

-If you realize you're in over your head, swallow your pride and ask for help. (Or at least read the directions...) (James 1:5, Matthew 7:7)

-Telling lies will just make your life more complicated and stressful, and make you lose people closest to you. (Ephesians 4:25)

-Being a grump ruins your day, and can affect the day of others around you. SMILE ALREADY!!!!! (Titus 3:2, Proverbs 15:1, Philippians 4:4)

-Don't give up. It's simple, really. How easily do we give up on things that are important to us as Adults? Giving up is what causes so many problems in our lives. We end up becoming so impatient that we just give up on things being better altogether. (Hebrews 12:1, 1st Corinthians 9:24, Philippians 3:13-14)

-Stand up for what you believe in. Don't be a coward. (2nd Timothy 1:7)

-Be grateful for what you have and be content. (Philippians 4:12, Philippians 4:11)

-Don't be selfish. Help, encourage, and share with others. (1st Thessalonians 5:11, 1st Timothy 6:18)

And lastly...

-Sometimes all you need is a good friend and a good laugh. (Proverbs 17:22, Proverbs 18:24)

Aren't these all things we need to be reminded of sometimes? Often, it's the simple lessons in life that we have a hard time with. We all need to strive for these things, especially if you're a Christian.







No comments:

Post a Comment