Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Post With Poetry: I Am Not Beautiful

I am not beautiful-not in your way.
I do not fit your mold.
I don’t even fit your minuscule clothes.

Size twenty-six, twenty-eight-Yep, that’s me.
I used to feel ashamed.
I used to think that I was worthless.


I am not beautiful-not in your way.
When I read His Word
I see what beauty actually is

It is words that bring hope and kindness
It is the strength of heart
And reaching out to others in love.


God made you beautiful-in His way.
No matter what you’re told
With your size, or your clothes

The Lord will show you, He’ll help you see
Who you are, who you can become
His love’s deeper than all earth’s blessings.

God made you beautiful-in His way.
Your worth’s found in His Words.
And you’ll find that your heart will suffice,

And for yourself will grow more fondness.
You can have a new start,
Realizing how much you’re really loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment